This New York Times story provides a clear lesson -- not only for "young Afghans," but for all of us in this increasingly drone-covered world:
Do not, under any circumstances, "move in a tactical fashion."
Or else the defenders of Western civilization will blast you into bloody goo.
8 Young Afghans Killed in Strike, NATO Acknowledges
... Afghan relatives of those who died and Mohammed Tahir Safi, an adviser to President Hamid Karzai and the leader of the Afghan investigation team, said that those killed were young boys who had taken their sheep and goats to graze outside the village. They were cold and gathered under a rock and lighted a small fire to warm themselves. That was the place where they were struck by bombs. Photographs of the dead shown by Mr. Safi at a news conference this week included some of badly bloodied young boys and a couple of young men who might have been older. The father of one of the boys who was killed said that his son was 12 and that two nephews who were killed were younger. ...
Brig. Gen. Lewis Boone, the NATO spokesman here, said ... [the boys] “appeared to be carrying weapons and heading for nearby mountains. They were moving in open terrain in a tactical fashion and clearly keeping a distance from each other.”
... It is unclear whether NATO pilots were able to see clearly the size of the people they were bombing in the camera footage, and it is also unclear what happened to the weapons the boys were believed to be carrying.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Twilight of the Grifter: Bill Clinton’s Fading Powers - 19 May 2016
- Pray You Down: Song for a Time of Madness - 17 May 2016
- Slumber Party: Americans Close Their Eyes to the Nation's Crimes - 17 May 2016
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008