Arthur Silber offers most appropriate observations for the solemn Memorial Day weekend: Against Annihilation of the Spirit: Let Us All Become Cowards.
The piece also makes reference to Paul Fussell, one of the clearest-eyed observers of the reality of war ever produced on American shores. Fussell died this week: a good strong light gone out.
No excerpts this time: just get over there and read Silber's piece.
Latest Articles from Chris Floyd
- Twilight of the Grifter: Bill Clinton’s Fading Powers - 19 May 2016
- Pray You Down: Song for a Time of Madness - 17 May 2016
- Slumber Party: Americans Close Their Eyes to the Nation's Crimes - 17 May 2016
Popular Articles from Chris Floyd
- Five Feet High and Rising - 30 September 2005
- Insanity Defense: Power, Paranoia and Presidential Tyranny - 29 June 2006
- The Bomb in the Shadows: Proliferation, Corruption and the Way of the World - 08 January 2008
- Written by Chris Floyd
- Published: 25 May 2012